Flexo Market News
February 24, 2014
Buys Benson Group
Graphic Packaging International, Atlanta, Georgia,
has purchased Benson Group, based in Bardon,
Leicestershire, United Kingdom, for £100 million.
Benson, founded in 1920, is one of the UK’s largest
manufacturers of printed folding carton and sleeve
packaging. It operates from its 130,000 square-foot
headquarters in Bardon, with manufacturing sites in
Newcastle, Gateshead and Crewe.
The company, which makes cartons for food and
pharmaceutical manufacturers, employs a total of
900 people, including 350 in Leicestershire. It has a
turnover of £120 million. Graphic Packaging, based in
Atlanta, Georgia, also has manufacturing sites in
Leeds and Bristol, as well as operations across the
world. It has 15,000 employees worldwide.
DuPont Announces Judges
For Packaging Awards
DuPont Packaging has announced its panel of
judges for the 26th DuPont Awards for Packaging In-
novation, reportedly the industry’s longest running,
independently judged competition. DuPont appoint-
ed David Luttenberger, CPP, President, David Lutten-
berger Consulting LLC, as lead judge.
In addition to Luttenberger, the panel of judges
• Rahul Bhargava, Director, Packaging & Technology
Development, Ranbaxy Laboratories (Daiichi Sankyo-
Japan, Group Company), India.
• Jose Pedro Cruz, R&D Director, Bemis Packaging,
• Joseph H. Hotchkiss, Professor and Director,
School of Packaging, Michigan State University and
Director of the Center for Packaging Innovation and
• Hung Le, Vice President, Global Design, Mead
Westvaco (MWV), USA.
• Denise Lefebrve, Vice President of Global Bever-
age Packaging at PepsiCo, USA.
• Philippe Roulet, head of Global Packaging Materi-
al and Training, Nestlé, Switzerland.
• Wilmer Saavedra, Technical Manager, Empaques
Flexa SAS, Colombia - South America.
• Gary Stanley, Group Procurement Director, Cov-
• Anthony Wong,Vice President and General Manag-
er, China,Amcor Flexibles Asia Pacific.
Information about the awards including the entry
form, guidelines, and past winners can be found at
eadline for entry
submissions is March 1.